The Leesa company sells directly to consumer (online only), cutting out a lot of costs found with a typical mattress sale – thus I think the Leesa compares to mattresses 2-3 times its price. Overall I really liked the mattress, with only a few cons that mostly apply to very particular mattress shoppers.
- The mattress is a good mix of comfort and support, I’d rate it a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale (within the ideal range for the average sleeper)
- The mattress didn’t sleep hot at all (I’m very sensitive to this), which is not common for a foam mattress
- The price is very reasonable for a mattress of this quality (plus promo codes are sometimes available to bring the price down even further)
- The mattress is available online only, so you won’t be able to try the mattress out ahead of time (however the return policy is generous to offset this fact)
- There is only one mattress model, which is geared towards the average sleeper. Thus if you prefer avery soft or very firm mattress, the Leesa isn’t the best choice for you.
The mattress has three layers of foam, 2 inches of Avena foam, 2 inches of contouring memory foam, and 6 inches of base foam (10 inches high in total).
Overall I think that the Leesa is a good choice for many people. It follows the direct to consumer model that is great for the mattress industry, it’s very comfortable, has a level of firmness that will please most sleepers, and it doesn’t sleep hot. Let me know if you have a different experience, or any more questions about the mattress!